A critical part of Pelan Jana Semula Ekonomi Negara (Penjana), the #Smart Automation Grant (SAG) is a matching grant for services companies
SMEs in the services sector are now able to kickstart their digital adoption journey and increase their digital capabilities to continue striving forward in this new normal
Each successful application will receive up to 50% of the total project cost, subject to a ceiling limit up to RM200,000 or, whichever is the lowest, through this matching grant.
This is a specific matching grant for services companies that will help them automate their business processes and move towards digitalisation.
The grant will be used solely for the purpose of kickstarting the development and implementation of projects that push the adoption of technologies to automate business operations.
Up to fifty percent (50%) of the total project cost, subject to a ceiling limit of RM200,000.
Total 4 months duration
1.Issued and paid up capital of at least RM50,000
2. Professional Services; but not limited to Legal, Accounting, Surveying, Engineering, Architectural, Consultation, Management, Employment and Security (Private Agency) Services:
3. Registered business activities, primarily traditional or non-technology activities from the service sector;
4. Not a liquidation/winding up/bankruptcy order;
5. No going concern issue and/or not dormant;
6. Has a written contract or a committed arrangement with Technology Solution Partner for the development of the project;
7. If received any MDEC/government grant: must demonstrate the completion and success of the funded project/s.
This matching grant can be applied through:
Specific digitalisation programmes under MDEC’s Business Digital Adoption Division
Direct online Application
Specially-designed digitalisation programme with series of workshops to help companies identify business pain points and priorities digitalisation projects
Companies are to identify business pain points and prioritise on their own. They may work with any technology service provider
– Digitalisation areas needed focusing on outcomes
– Pitching workshops to help refine presentation
Basic from MDEC’s grant application team on documentation readiness
Based on pain-points and prioritisation, companies will have access to suitable potential technology solution providers to choose from, arranged by MDEC’s program partner
Companies will identify and evaluate suitable technology solution provider on their own. Selected solution provider will be vetted by MDEC during application
Upon programme completion (approx. 7 weeks)
As and when ready with documentations